What is it?
The Orders/Create API is a stateless REST/JSON service used to book flights returned in an NDC (New Distribution Capability) Offer. Orders/Create is used for single passenger itineraries and does not currently support ancillary services. These capabilities will be added in future versions.
OfferID must be included in the Orders/Create request, along with the passenger name and other mandatory data elements. After an Orders/Create request is sent, a response is returned with the carrier’s
OrderID, the Sabre
OrderID, and the Sabre Record Locator.
The Orders/Change API is a stateless REST/JSON service used to make fulfillment. At this time, the Orders/Change API does not allow for modification of Order.
The Orders/View API is a stateless REST/JSON service used to display information from an Order created in the Sabre system.
The Orders/Cancel API is a stateless REST/JSON service used to cancel an entire order. At this time, Orders/Cancel may only be used prior to fulfillment.
Why use it?
Carriers are looking to enhance product offerings and increase revenues by providing personalized offers. Previously, fares and ancillary prices were based on filed schedules and fare information. In the NDC context, shopping requests are sent to the airline and an offer is returned, and these shopping requests may be anonymous or contain passenger information such as Corporate ID. The Orders/Create API enables the booking capability of NDC offers returned by carriers and saved to the Sabre Offer Store.
After the successful creation of an NDC order, agents may wish to make fulfillment.
After the successful creation of an NDC order, agents may wish to display information from the Order, including NDC, ATPCO, and LCC air content itinerary information, regardless of the API services used for booking. Orders also contain a variety of other useful information, such as Order passenger data elements, the Order itself, pricing information, and information on any documents that may have been issued. The Sabre
OrderID or the Sabre Record Locator may be used to retrieve the Order.
When an order needs to be cancelled, use the Orders/Cancel API. Once the cancellation has been completed, the Order and the PNR will show that the flights have been cancelled. Order services will cancel NDC, ATPCO, LCC air content regardless of the services used for booking (i.e. legacy or Order APIs).
How it works?
Data used by Orders/Create API
- The Orders/Create API is dependent on a sellable offer in the Offer Store
- The response to an Orders/Create request is an Orders/View response
- The offer must be validated by use of the Offers/Price API, which contains additional information from the initial BFM response, like a full breakdown of taxes.
- Orders are created in the Sabre system
- All offers are for a single adult passenger in the initial implementation
- Flight types: nonstop, connecting and flights with stops
- Total fares: All taxes and fees are included; however, ancillary fees charged by airlines, such as baggage and preferred seating, are not included
- Orders can only be created for NDC offers. Carrier activations increase the amount of NDC offers returned in BFM results
- A PNR is created in the Sabre system upon the successful creation of an Order.
Data used by Orders/Change API
- The Orders/Change API is dependent on an Order existing in the Sabre system
- The response to an Orders/Change request is an Orders/View response
- Fulfill can be made by providing Payment Information
- Information added to the Order is replicated into the Sabre PNR
- Some carriers may not initially support this message to add passenger data to an order
Data used by Orders/View API
- The Orders/View API is dependent on an Order existing in the Sabre system.
- The response to an Orders/View request is an Orders/View response
- The Orders/View API will return all data within the Order in the Sabre system. including: -- Flight segments, such as NDC, ATPCO, and LCC air content, regardless of the API services used for booking -- Order passenger information -- Order Pricing Data including full breakdown of taxes -- Ticket information including document numbers and coupon status -- Carrier Order IDs
Data used by Orders/Cancel API
- The Orders/Cancel API requires the Sabre
OrderIDto be included in the request
- The response to an Orders/Cancel request is an Orders/View response without the cancelled flight information
- The Orders/Cancel API will return an error if the Order has been fulfilled
How to use?
NOTE: All endpoints accept only JSON format.
POST /v1/orders/create HTTP/1.1 - Create Order
Request: Order with
Response: Created Order with
POST /v1/orders/change HTTP/1.1 - Change Order
Request: Elements to be added or changed in Order.
Response: Changed Order.
POST /v1/orders/view HTTP/1.1 - View Order
POST /v1/orders/cancel HTTP/1.1 - Cancel Order
Request: Cancel Order.
Response: Canceled Order.