What is it?
The Create Passenger Name Record API is used to create a complete reservation for both air and hotel content by adding customer or agency details, performing bookings, pricing, and adding any special requests (if any), all within a single API call.
Why use it?
- Simplifies the booking process by creating a Passenger Name Record (PNR) in a single API call
- Creates reservations in a stateless way via session-less (ATK) tokens
- Provides users with the ability to define API behavior while encountering common errors during the reservation process
- Example: During a halt reservation, if an error is returned during price check when the initial booking attempts fail, it retries the booking for the next available service class.
- Introduces an error handling process to ensure successful PNR creation
- Allows users to specify a different target city (PCC) for the PNR creation
- Eliminates the necessity to specify Price Quote links (
PriceQuoteInfo) when different passenger types and prices are used (as required when using
How it works?
- Adds general passenger details like names, contact details, etc.
- Adds miscellaneous segment information, special service details like SSRs, Remarks, TSA related details, etc.
- Performs booking and pricing for air segments, Sabre GDS hotel bookings via a booking key, and finalizes the transaction
- The Create Passenger Name Record API then orchestrates all this information in its response.
How to use?
For a successful PNR creation respective of air segments, the request should contain the following information:
- Agency or Passenger Information:
- Details of the booked Air Segments:
- Request to price the successfully booked segments:
- Request to commit the transaction:
Note: For reservations departing to/from the US, or flying over the US, it is mandatory to pass Secure Flight Passenger Data (required by TSA):